The Helix Two Mk2 incorporates the Döhmann Audio technologies into a smaller footprint with a single tonearm facility and is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analogue playback.
It is the result of many years of research, development, collaboration and listening by internationally acclaimed analogue designer Mark Döhmann and his team.
Mark identified the specific challenges of designing a new benchmark turntable and then explored what technologies exist in the world that address these challenges. After investigating solutions used in aerospace, spectrometry, medical imaging and electron microscopy, Mark incorporated these technologies into a new turntable design.
Due to its fully integrated MinusK vibration isolation system utilizing NSM and mechanical crossover technology, its ability to deal with vibration and resonance is unsurpassed and allows the music to be enjoyed with an outstanding level of realism.
The Helix Two Mk2 has a new custom designed Swiss-manufactured motor which incorporates the very latest technology around constant torque performance and quietness of operation.
The Helix Two Mk2 is designed to operate flawlessly in non-ideal environments such as older houses with wooden floors, upper floors, attics where external vibrations are carried through buildings – even those made from concrete, steel, and brick. Due to its revolutionary vibration isolation system, it is also not dependent on a high-quality audiophile stand.
The design has made it possible to incorporate a level of engineering previously not possible at this price point and as a result, the Helix Two Mk2 is considered to be outstanding value. The more compact dimensions and one box design allow it to be used in smaller spaces and standard sized stands.
Often chosen by discerning audiophiles around the world as their reference analogue system, as well as being the turntable of choice for many high-end brands exhibiting in major international hi-fi shows, the Helix Two simply allows the music to flow and the full potential of the system to be achieved.
- State-of-the-art custom designed Swiss-manufactured motor
- Push button Speed Adjust
- Micro Signal Architecture© (MSA)
- Negative Stiffness Mechanism Vibration Isolation (NSM)
- Mechanical Crossover Technology (MCT)
- Tri-Modal Platter system (TMP)
- Edge Damping Ring (EDR)
- Tone arm Damping System (TDS)
- Resonance Tuned Suspension (RTS)
- Diamond Like Coating Amorphous Material Bearing Friction Modifier (DLC)
- High Torque Adjustable Drive (HTAD)
- Advanced Composite Armboard (ACA) using custom ballistics grade energy absorbing technology (Option)
- Facility for one tonearm (facility for second tonearm now available as an option)
All Helix Two Mk2 turntables come with a black anodized aluminium top plate as standard. A carbon fibre top plate is available as an upgrade which compliments the new optional Advanced Composite Armboard.
Helix Two Mk2 turntables are available with the following metallic finishes:
All Helix Two Mk2 turntables come with a black anodized aluminium armboard as standard. The armboard is removable and to facilitate simple interchange and calibration. The Advanced Composite Armboard is available as an upgrade. The result of years of research and experimentation, it incorporates a material which mitigates resonance to a very high level, resulting in an even greater lowering of the sonic noise floor and enabling an even greater articulation of musical detail.
The Helix Two Mk2 turntable is capable of mounting one tonearm up to 12” (305mm).
The Helix Two Mk2 is operated by two push buttons on the table surface for speed selection/on/off.
Speed is constantly calibrated over 130,000 times per second to deliver precise 33.33 or 45.15 rpm (factory default). Default factory set speeds are:
- 33 RPM
- 45 RPM
- 78 and other RPM’s are available by request
- Simple user-adjustable speed control is accessible via two intuitive push buttons on rear of chassis.
- Fully integrated Swiss-manufactured high torque motor
- Dual belt platter drive designed to reduce static electricity and vibrations.
- 110-120 VAC, 50/60Hz 2A
- 220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz 1A
- The Helix Two was launched at the Munich High End show in May 2017 and has been manufactured till August 2019.
- The Helix Two Mk2 is the current version and has been manufactured from September 2019 onwards. It incorporates a new Swiss-manufactured motor made to Dohmann Audio’s specifications, new power supply, new electronics, new speed adjust functionality and some upgraded resonance mitigation technology.
Dimensions and Weight
Helix Two Mk2 Turntable
Width 480mm x Depth 400mm x Height 200mm
Width 18.9 inches x Depth 15.8 inches x Height 7.9 inches
Combined shipping weight is 70Kg (155 pounds) in a custom road case.
Recommended installation requires a surface capable of supporting up to 60Kg (133 pounds).
Set-up assistance and complete service available worldwide through authorized dealer and representative network.