The Helix One Mk2 is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analogue playback and is the result of many years of research, development, collaboration and listening by internationally acclaimed analogue designer Mark Döhmann and his team.
Incorporating multiple design solutions that have never been applied to turntable design before, including a fully integrated MinusK vibration isolation system utilizing NSM technology, and a mechanical crossover network which is designed to dissipate mid and high frequency vibrations, it is designed to operate flawlessly in any environment.
The Helix One Mk2 has a new custom designed Swiss-manufactured motor designed to Döhmann Audio’s specifications which incorporates the very latest technology around constant torque performance and quietness of operation.
The PowerBase contains a new power supply and control software to drive the new motor, some aspects of the vacuum system for future upgradability, and special high frequency and RF absorption features. It also contains a suspension stabiliser to lock the table from moving during record changeover, a lighting control system and power filtration functions. The Powerbase replaces the old separate control box on the first generation of Helix One turntables.
As a result of this attention to detail, the Helix One Mk2’s sound is immediately recognised for its purity and realism. It has facilities for two tonearms and has become the turntable of choice of many discerning audiophiles around the world. Considered a true reference for musical enjoyment, The Helix One Mk2 has been critically acclaimed to be in the top echelon of players available at any price.
- State-of-the-art custom designed Swiss-manufactured motor
- PowerBase with new power supply
- Micro Signal Architecture© (MSA)
- Negative Stiffness Mechanism Vibration Isolation (NSM)
- Mechanical Crossover Technology (MCT)
- Tri-Modal Platter system (TMP)
- Edge Damping Ring (EDR)
- Tone arm Damping System (TDS)
- Resonance Tuned Suspension (RTS)
- Diamond Like Coating Amorphous Material Bearing Friction Modifier (DLC)
- High Torque Adjustable Drive (HTAD)
- High frequency and RF absorption features
- A suspension stabiliser for ease of operation during record changeover
- Lighting control system and power filtration functions
- Facilities for two tonearms
- 0.5 Hz (Fz) Vertical
- 1.5 Hz (Fz) Horizontal
- Push button Speed Adjust
All Helix One Mk2 turntables come with a carbon fibre top plate as standard.
Helix One Mk2 turntables are available with the following metallic finishes:
The Helix One Mk2 turntable is capable of mounting two tonearms up to 12” (305mm) simultaneously.
All Helix One Mk2 turntables come with one Advanced Composite Armboard with a carbon fibre top for the main tonearm on the right hand side and one standard solid aluminium armboard for the second tonearm facility on the left hand side. The armboards are removable and allow simple interchange and calibration.
The Helix One Mk2 is operated by two push buttons on the table surface for speed selection/on/off.
Speed is constantly calibrated over 130,000 times per second to deliver precise 33.33 or 45.15 rpm (factory default). Default factory set speeds are:
- 33 RPM
- 45 RPM
- 78 and other RPM’s are available by request
- Simple user-adjustable speed control is accessible via two intuitive push buttons on rear of chassis.
- Fully integrated Swiss-manufactured high torque motor
- Dual belt platter drive designed to reduce static electricity and vibrations.
- 110-120 VAC, 50/60Hz 2A
- 220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz 1A
- The Helix One was launched at the Munich High End show in May 2015 and has been manufactured till January 2019.
- The Helix One Mk2 is the current version and has been manufactured from February 2019 onwards. It incorporates a new Swiss-manufactured motor made to Dohmann Audio’s specifications, new speed adjust functionality, some upgraded resonance mitigation technology, LED lighting and a new PowerBase incorporating a new power supply, new electronics and new HF/RFI absorption technology.
Dimensions and Weight
Helix One Mk2 Turntable
Width 600mm x Depth 480mm x Height 250mm (Without clamp or tonearm)
Width 23.6 inches x Depth 18.9 inches x Height 9.8 inches (Without clamp or tonearm)
Combined shipping weight is 105Kg (232 pounds) in a custom road case.
Recommended installation requires a surface capable of supporting up to 95Kg (210 pounds) and be a minimum of 620mm W x 500mm D (24.4 inches wide x 19.7 inches deep) for the isolation platform to be able to move freely.
Set-up assistance and complete service available worldwide through authorized dealer and representative network.